Tax affairs are usually only investigated when they are suspected to be inaccurate.
Tax investigations are more likely,
- If you file tax returns late, pay tax late or make errors that need correcting.
- There are inconsistencies or variations between different returns with a large fall in income or increased costs.
- Your costs are abnormally high for a business in your industry or you operate in a high risk industry.
- At Asmat & Co we have a professional understanding to assist you with all levels of tax enquiries in VAT, Annual Accounts, Corporation Tax and Self-Assessment.
Our aim is to ensure your peace of mind during the enquiry process, to act as a medium between yourself and HMRC and to resolve matters as quickly as possible.
We are highly experienced in communications with HMRC to negotiate a favorable financial settlement including mitigation of penalties and have an excellent record in this area.
Asmat & Co’s expert workforce handles disclosures about incomplete or incorrect returns skillfully and ensures the process is managed quickly, discreetly and as leniently as possible.
There are a number of reasons why people need to appeal to the Tax tribunal and it is mostly due to disputes with HMRC.
Appeal issues include,
- Income tax including self assessment and tax paid under PAYE (pay as you earn)
- Corporation tax
- Capital Gains tax
- National Insurance Contributions
- Construction Industry Scheme deductions
- Information Notices
- Penalty Appeals
“Asmat & Co will deal with HMRC appeals & Tax tribunals for you”